SGF INAUGURATES COMMITTEE FOR THE STATE BURIAL OF LATE DR. ALEX EKWUEME
The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) has inaugurated the Committee that will oversee the burial arrangement of the late former Vice-President, Dr. Alex Ekwueme in his office.
2. Boss Mustapha eulogized Dr. Alex as a personality, who served his fatherland meritoriously. The SGF assured the family members who are part of the Committee that Dr. Alex Ekwueme would be given a befitting and State burial.
3. He told them that Federal Government would foot the bill and the evacuation of the body from London hospital.
4. It would be recalled that Dr. Alex Ekwueme died in a London Hospital on 19th November, 2017 at the age of 85.
5. Members of the Committee are:
- Mr. Boss Mustapha Chairman
- Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN Member
- Alhaji Lai Mohammed Member
- Mrs. Kemi Adeosun Member
- Senator (Dr.) Chris N. Ngige, OON Member
- Mr. Ibrahim Idris Member
- Mallam Lawal Musa Daura, mni Member
- Pastor Goodheart Obi Ekwueme Member
- Prof. Osita Chukwulobelu SSG, Anambra State
- Dr. R. P. Ugo, FCIPM, FICA Member/Secretary
6. The Committee would be chaired by the SGF, Mr. Boss Mustapha and the Permanent Secretary,
General Services Office, Dr. Roy Ugo, who would serve as the Secretary.
Mohammed T. K. Nakorji
Deputy Director (Press)
For: Secretary to the Government of the Federation.