1st December, 2021
REVISED INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL PROTOCOL
The Presidential Steering Committee on COVID-19 has reviewed the International Travel
Protocol of 22nd October 2021. This revised protocol is aimed at further reducing the risk
of importation and exportation of COVID-19 especially the variants of concern.
All passengers arriving in Nigeria are expected to provide evidence of and comply with
the following rules:
- COVID-19 PCR test to be done within 48hrs before departure
- Post-arrival Day 2 COVID-19 PCR test
- Self-isolation for 7 days (For unvaccinated and partially vaccinated individuals)
- Day 7 post-arrival exit PCR test (For unvaccinated and partially vaccinated
All out-bound Passengers are required to provide either of the following documentation:
- Valid evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19
- Negative PCR test result within 48hrs from the time boarding
The review of the protocol is based on science, national experience, and global
The PSC assures Nigerians, that it shall continue to monitor global and specific country
situations with a view to taking necessary measures to safeguard the health of Nigerians.
The PSC calls on all Nigerians to ensure that they have taken their full dose of COVID-19
vaccinations and to continue to observe compliance to public health social measures.
This revised protocol comes into effect on 5th December, 2021.
Secretary to the Government of the Federation/
Chairman, Presidential Steering Committee on COVID-19