The Department of Projects and Programmes was a technical department in the defunct Federal Ministry of Special Duties and Inter-Governmental Affairs, which was responsible for overseeing the implementation of Zonal Intervention/Constituency projects nationwide. Sequel to the reorganization of MDAs by the present Administration, the department was moved with t full staff to complement the Special Duties Office (SDO) of the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF) in November, 2016.
- Overseeing the implementation of the Zonal/Constituency projects nationwide;
- Verification of all Zonal Intervention/Constituency projects, to ascertain the level of work done and authorize payments;
- Periodic monitoring and evaluation of all Zonal Intervention/Constituency projects as captured in the Appropriation Act;
- Organizing annual stakeholders’ forum involving all the MDAs implementing Zonal Intervention/Constituency projects;
- Preparing templates for verification, monitoring and evaluation of Zonal/Constituency projects;
- Preparing guidelines on the implementation of Zonal/Constituency projects;
- implementing Zonal Intervention/Constituency projects domiciled in the Special Duties Office of the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation;
- Preparation of annual verification, monitoring and evaluation reports; and
- Handling function of ad-hoc nature.